Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So perhaps "every other day" was a little ambitious.

I can think of few things sweeter than sleeping baby Kasyn lying in her crib. The days are going by so quickly, one bleeding into the next until I am sure I will blink and it will be her birthday.

I can remember, in those first days, while watching her sleep, it felt strange to use her name. I mused over how she had never been called anything in her life, had no name. Now, she responds to her name with a grinning anticipation and I think my heart might burst, it is so full of love.

In the days since my last blog, Kasyn has:
- Learned how to give a high-five.
- Been to her 9 month Dr's appointment (no shots!) where we learned she is 30 inches long and 27lbs.
- Received new toys from Nanny and Mommy, but still really prefers water bottles and measuring cups.
- Made Nanny laugh so hard her tummy was hurting and tears were in her eyes.
- Talked to Daddy! She really just wants to play with the phone and bang things on the coffee table, but it counts!
- Become an expert at "finding" people she loves. She knows to look for Grammy on the porch and Nanny in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment